CHEIF TECHNICAL OFFICER
As the sharing economy grows and fashion trends change in a nanosecond, many shoppers have a “one and done” approach to outfits: they want to wear a look a single time and then move on to the next. Apparel rental in the US market alone is expected to reach $4.4 billion by 2028 which will still be just 1% of global clothing sales. STMNT’s mission is to enable retailers to capture this emerging market allowing them to tap into consumers’ increasing willingness to participate in the sharing economy.
STMNT is looking for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to build out the STMNT digital infrastructure and join the STMNT core team as we continue to build this business and change the retail apparel industry. The CTO will be responsible for the creation, development and maintenance of all technical elements of STMNT’s business going forward and will be a partner in our business.
Strategic thinking and strong software/web application infrastructure development capabilities are essential in this role. We expect you to be experienced with Web 2.0/SaaS Agile application development and contemporary DevOps, familiar with a variety of delivery platforms and architectural concepts, well-versed in current technological trends, and have an eye for the big picture.
We are looking for someone who has initial career experience and success with an ISV and/or SaaS solutions provider and a willingness and interest to continually learn. You will join our team with a view to a long-term in partnership and be fully committed to the development and growth of STMNT. We were recently flown to Silicon Valley to pitch for Y Combinator, the biggest tech incubator in the world, and are a CTO away from qualifying for their program and blowing up this industry. If you are up for the challenge and thrill of entrepreneurship and looking to enter with a high-potential team and business, we’d like to meet you!
• Overseeing all software and systems development, technical components including building and maintaining infrastructure, ensuring scalability, maintaining and building the STMNT website
• Developing a complete technology stack for streamlined usability, technical efficiency, and extensibility to integrate with our customers’ existing retail/inventory management systems and web sites.
• Working closely with the STMNT team, quickly adapting to user trends and automating processes that reflect quantitative trend observations
• Support the successful rollout of the STMNT solution with our initial retail customers
• Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
• Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
• Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
• Build quality assurance, security and data protection processes
• Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
• Communicate technology strategy to partners and team members
• Proven experience in a leadership role(s) with an ISV and/or SaaS solutions provider
• 5+ years of web software development experience, some management experience with a development team is desirable
• Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
• Ability to conduct technological and data analyses and research
• Strong communication skills
• Strategic thinking and problem-solving aptitude
• BSc in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical field
• Willingness to work closely with the STMNT executive team and grow to recruit/lead a future team
• Retail industry experience is desirable
The tenure for this position will be performance-based and regular review intervals will define and measure performance requirements. The first review will take place after the first six months of employment with Compassion Canada.
The foregoing statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills of the person so classified. Responsibilities and duties may change from time to time.
Applicants should email their resume and cover letter to Jenessa Olson at email@example.com